ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Issue

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Alright chaps,

I've got a Clio mk2 172 and the standard headunit.

I turn on the ignition and the radio does not come on and neither does the dash display. This is no big issue, I press the power on button and it turns on fine.

Now, I take my key out of the ignition and the radio stays on.

Is this right? If not, how do I change it so it is right??

Cheers,
Nick

Megane Team II F1 R26
Sounds like it has a perm +12v and not a switched +12v from the ignition, you normally have both behind the radio (from memory red is perm +12v and yellow is switched +12v) you would need to meter these out to check, then just swap them round - so power is supplied when ignition is switched on.

Megane Team II F1 R26
no as the perm +12v will still be connected to the radio for memory, but the switched +12v to turn on and off with ignition.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
What do you mean by rear power wires? As in ignition +ve and perm +ve??

Also, how do you take out the wires in the block that plugs in to the back of the stereo?

V6 MK1
My stereo in my V6 mk1 has just started doing this today, when I turn the car off the radio stays on it was not like this yesterday, if the radio was not powered on it would still display the temp and time now I have to turn the radio on to see time and temp.
Its not your wires from your stereo because I have not touched anything and its just started doing it.

Lead_Head let me know how you get on but I would not mess with the wires yet.