ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Problem...

When I get in the car and turn on the ignition the radio wont come on, I have to press the power button. Then when its on, around every 20 mins it will beep and turn off on its own, unless I press the power button again. I will then have to turn the radio off when I turn the ignition off as well.

Any ideas whats going on?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
standard or aftermarket? if its after market sounds like you have the incorrect harness for the radio to fit into a clio

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It’s the standard radio.
Tbh I don't know f**k all about radios, but I knew I'd heard before about the radio turning off after 20 mins.
From what I can gather it's something to do with not having a permanent live to your radio.
Hence why you can listen to the radio for 20 mins with the ignition off then it beeps and turns itself off.
When you turn the ignition off the radio stays on? If so, for how long? 20 mins?
Maybe that's what you need to do to set the radio to turn on / off automatically?
This is from the original book supplied with my 182.

Attachments

• 20201118_072253.jpg
    20201118_072253.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 59
Tbh I don't know f**k all about radios, but I knew I'd heard before about the radio turning off after 20 mins.
From what I can gather it's something to do with not having a permanent live to your radio.
Hence why you can listen to the radio for 20 mins with the ignition off then it beeps and turns itself off.
When you turn the ignition off the radio stays on? If so, for how long? 20 mins?
Maybe that's what you need to do to set the radio to turn on / off automatically?
This is from the original book supplied with my 182.

Yes I see what you mean, its like it doesn't realise the car is on. I will take the radio out and have a look. But that makes sense. Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@Toddy86 - this thread might help? Might just be a missing fuse as mentioned?