ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio/sub/central dash electrical issue

RB Clio 182
I have spent all day trying to figure out what is wrong with my setup in my car but im stumped.

Ive been fitting my head unit and sub in my 182 and in the process completley messed something up. All the connections seen to be in the right place, but the radio cuts out when either i put the music up a little or i open the door. It also cuts out the air con, interior light and block display.

I thought it might have been a bad earth but i have tried alsorts of places in the boot.

Any ideas as to whats wrong? As my whole centre console wont come on now.

Thank you.

vaux cavalier
Are you using any form of Audio loom aftermarket interface kit???

When you say, "all connections seem to be correct", are you actually saying you've cut & joined wires, or simply connected 'ISO' plugs correctly???

If your using an 'interface' or 'patch' lead you may have the wrong one....

If you've cut & joined wires, then you've obviously done it wrong....

Without actually getting 'hands on' I doubt anyone could give a definite answer with regards where you have actually messed up....I would suggest reverting back to how it was & starting over checking each step as you go.....