ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAGE or PIPER

Hi,

Thinking of gettin a nice backbox for my clio 1.2. What would be better, or sound better, a Piper or a Rage back box?

P.S- Will an Induction kit improve the sound of the exhaust aswell?

Cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Both will sound w**k! Best option, if only for a BB, go for a custom system from powerflow or such like...

If u want a full system go for a k-tec.

My mate had a rage exhaust on his clio (1.2) with a decat, and it was really loud, i mean deafening (sp)! but i think a powerflow exhaust is the best option, might be a bit more expensive, but worth it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i had a piper mild steel back box, and it sounded really nice...

[Edited by MaLicE on 2/4/2005 5:53:52 PM]

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

FULL SYSTEM , i wont say it again!!! now stop posting exhaust topics ! ! !

AJRMOTORSPORT- have you heard a piper b4 i had a BB on a corsa c and it was very nice but piper dont do backboxs for the clio only systems so it will sound well nice and a very good price too. and very good quality and shiney;)

rage have quit good prices and some do sound nice just depends what one you get!

clio ph1 16v

Mine sounds awsome mate like a rally car everyone says. thats an ascar or exhausts.co.uk custom system with a rage tiger 5" slash cut bb.....£365 life time warranty bargain....:D

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Jay@auto-mods on 05 February 2005

piper dont do backboxs for the clio only systems

thats a piper backbox on my clio, bought online, brand new, 150 quid

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 05 February 2005

then you could of spent another 30 quid and had a custom stainless system!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 05 February 2005

AJR have you heard a piper system???

Mine gives exactly the same sound off as the K-tec system with the baffle which my mate had on his valver (and its been said by many people who have heard them both)!!!

Piper did do mild steel backboxes around 2 years ago as thats what was on my 1.2, dunno about now as i didnt look into backboxes for my valver!!!

If they were sh*t i wouldnt have stayed with piper so imo they are one of the better ones!!!

The Beast MK4

I think you should go for a custom mate. That way you get the look as well as the sound that you want. I made the mistake of buying a Peco backbox and it looked crap as it didnt fit well and IMO sounded crap as well. I got a custom cat-back and would never look back. :D