ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain Sensor windscreen???



  Clio MK2 172
Ok, I just mad a dick out of myself...just took my mate to work and he said whats that, pointing at my windscreen (center at the bottom) which has a strip of plastic on it. I thought it was the rain sensor so when it rains the wipers go off...He said no way, so when I dropped him off I opened the boot got a water bottle out and emptied it on the windscreen to show him it works and it didn't?? am I being a thicko, where is the rain sensor on the windscreen and why didn;t it work? the car was running and the wipers were on standby....
 
sensor.jpg


Sensors at the top matey... Along with the auto lights too (model dependant) iirc
 
  Clio 172
I think the rain sensor is actually located near the light sensor which is just above the rear view mirror
 
  Stealth Bomber R26
Guy at Autoglass said the strip at the bottom is something to do with toll roads in France
iirc
 
Pete_br said:
Guy at Autoglass said the strip at the bottom is something to do with toll roads in France
iirc

The strip at the bottom is just clear glass, as the rest of the W/screen is anti-UV coated.

It needs to be clear for their toll sensors to work, same as any GPS devices we fit over here e.g. speed camera detectors.
 
  Clio MK2 172
Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday, didn't now where the light sensors were aswell!!!! I'll show him later!! ;)

Anyone know the location of the tempreture gage? Someone mentioned the wing mirror b4???
 
  Clio MK2 172
What a bizzare place to put it, I hope nobody knocks the P/S mirrow off then. So technically the P/S mirror would be more to replace than the D/S because of the Temp reader!!!!!!!!!!???
 

ian Bojo 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
In france and other countries you have a card that fits here with a bar code on it.Each time you pass a toll it registers you and sends you a bill at the end of the month
A much more fair way of taxing the motorist than me who does 4k a year as opposed to jonny-rep man who does 50k a year

ian
 
RobTQ said:
I think its on the bottom of passenger side door mirror.
Are you on about the little black "nipple" lol ;)

tempsensor.jpg


Thats the temperature sensor for the dash readout.
 
Last edited:
  MINI JCW
ian 182 said:
In france and other countries you have a card that fits here with a bar code on it.Each time you pass a toll it registers you and sends you a bill at the end of the month
A much more fair way of taxing the motorist than me who does 4k a year as opposed to jonny-rep man who does 50k a year

ian

couldnt agree more, that or scrap tax discs and put the equivalent amount of tax on fuel. Then as you said the more you drive the more you pay.
 
  1 Series Coupe
Andi-b said:
Are you on about the little black "nipple" lol ;)

tempsensor.jpg


Thats the temperature sensor for the dash readout.

I thought this was the remote central locking receiver? as they are on both sides...
 
The drivers side should just have a moulding hole underneath. :S

The remote central locking is wireless matey, unless you've got the original mk1 clio then it was infra red iirc
 
not sure about that, I don't know which models came with a temp gauge inside the car.

Can't answer that one sorry.. Probably someone else could though. ;)
 
the area at bottom of windscreen is also for uk, if you have a special parking ticket that needs to be scanned then u put it in this area as the coating on the screen wont let a scanner scan any where else other than that area iirc
 
Davehughes said:
the area at bottom of windscreen is also for uk, if you have a special parking ticket that needs to be scanned then u put it in this area as the coating on the screen wont let a scanner scan any where else other than that area iirc

You mean the little square at the middle bottom?

I use that for my tomtom as its the only place where it allows signal in too ;)
 
  1 Series Coupe
ciderman said:
what year, and what model has the rain sensor and light sensor fitted ?
would a 2002 dynamique have any of these ?

has yours got a temperature display inside the car?
 
Pettsi said:
has yours got a temperature display inside the car?
erm......
never actually driven it yet :( its been off the road getting fixed up, so cant comment on that at the moment as its in the garage
 


Top