ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainex?

CS Dungeon
I apply it to customers cars almost on a daily basis (depending on level of service booked) and have not had any complaints yet.
I am yet to apply it to the van as I keep forgetting but I will give it a go at the weekend when I get a free 5 mins.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
I use it each time I wash the car (which isn't often enough at the moment :eek:)

It has gone cloudy on a couple of occasions, but thats down to me not applying it right I think as other times it's fine. :D

RB 182
Mines great applied it ages ago by hand and it's not had problems since but I have used some of mix that goes with the screen wash since (still Rain X but a different sort).

It makes such a difference to driving in the rain and over about 40 you don't need wipers.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Rain-X is good stuff to an extent, you'll need 2 bottles the white one and the yellow one. one is to add the stuff, the other is to clean it before adding some more.

There is also some pink stuff that is an additive for the washer fluid.

Can't say its brilliant, but it does seem to work better than your normal windscreen wash stuff over 50mph.

Donny

al

ST on the way...
Absolutely fantastic stuff, if you get the screenwash too it keeps it nicely topped up :)

1.2 16v+200sx
ive used the wipes a few times and theyre pretty good
used on my work van once and it only lasted about 3-4days :S

like al said if you used the screen wash stuff it would keep it topped up

2 wheel power
mmm I think i may have applied it wrongly then since its made my screen cloud up, i only used the yellow stuff

182 has now gone!
I have got some stuff called rain wizard that I got from Halfords a while ago.. it comes in a bright pink pen like bottle with an applicator on the end, you just wipe it over the windows and buff it off. Lasts ages..think it cost about £5.00, not sure if they stock it anymore tho....

I have got some stuff called rain wizard that I got from Halfords a while ago.. it comes in a bright pink pen like bottle with an applicator on the end, you just wipe it over the windows and buff it off. Lasts ages..think it cost about £5.00, not sure if they stock it anymore tho....
The bottle that looks like a dildo? lol

I'm tempted to rainX mine - stupid wipers lift up over about 80 :mad:

182 has now gone!

I'm tempted to rainX mine - stupid wipers lift up over about 80 :mad:

Thats the one!!! ;)

al

ST on the way...
Not last time I bought it :S

rain_x_accessories.jpg

ST
ok, next question...

how do you apply it properly?

Well as long as the windows have been cleaned properly 1st...

Put it on with a microfiber, leave to haze.

Spray cold water onto it with a spray bottle then buff til there is no product left, should leave a crystal clear finish.

You should now be able to drive down the motorway and not need to use the wipers as much if at all at a steady pace.

Alan.

106 GTi
ok, next question...

how do you apply it properly?

Spray cold water onto it with a spray bottle then buff til there is no product left, should leave a crystal clear finish.

You should now be able to drive down the motorway and not need to use the wipers as much if at all at a steady pace.

Alan.

All the products you have and you still buy another one!

I just wax the windows when I do the paint and use Clearkote VM and Quickshine on the front screen.

ST

Alan.

All the products you have and you still buy another one!

I just wax the windows when I do the paint and use Clearkote VM and Quickshine on the front screen.

You of all people knows you can never have enough..

Think i need more QD tho lol

FF Blackgold 182
Saw a demo of a product called Rain Racer whilst at MPH 06 the other week. Looked good, but he was going on so long, he never seemed to get to a price! :mad: I just remembered about it and found the website. http://www.rainracer.com/pb/index.htm

A bit on the pricey side imo! :eek: Might give Rainex a go instead!

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Try 4 AG bags, misc bottles inside buckets, two full cupboards, and 6 loads of boxes stacked up!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
when i put rain x on it never smears it just well beads off lol, thats after wash with chemguys washnax and with or withouh megs window cleaner

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've used it for years and never had a problem , if you apply it right it shouldn't go cloudy . Halfords own stuff is the same as rainx but its a slightly bigger bottle for the same price ;) .

I apply it when i'm working on nights if the weather forecast says its going to freeze so the windscreen doesn't freeze as much with it being alcohol based , so you don't have to scrape the windscreen as much .

CS Dungeon
when i put rain x on it never smears it just well beads off lol, thats after wash with chemguys washnax and with or withouh megs window cleaner

Do you just pour it on or something lol

Apply it as Alan says and you should have no troubles.

Caterham 1400 Supersport

This stuff is/was excellent, lasted months between applications, much better than rainX IMO. Can you still get it? I tried looking for months, but have given up now. :dapprove:

RainX works well at speed, but the Clios screen is a little too upright for the water to bead correctly below 50 or 60. On the Coupes and MX5 it was brilliant though, on the van it's rubbish.

182 has now gone!

This stuff is/was excellent, lasted months between applications, much better than rainX IMO. Can you still get it? I tried looking for months, but have given up now. :dapprove:

RainX works well at speed, but the Clios screen is a little too upright for the water to bead correctly below 50 or 60. On the Coupes and MX5 it was brilliant though, on the van it's rubbish.

I havent seen it in Halfords for ages either.. have seen it on ebay.. not sure if anywhere else stocks it???

BMW F31
Saw a demo of a product called Rain Racer whilst at MPH 06 the other week. Looked good, but he was going on so long, he never seemed to get to a price! :mad: I just remembered about it and found the website. http://www.rainracer.com/pb/index.htm

A bit on the pricey side imo! :eek: Might give Rainex a go instead!

lol i saw him too, oldish guy with a tash?
he went on so long i ended up walking away in the end, bored me stupid and put me off tbh.
looked like a good product though :S