ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainsports

Clio sport 172
It's weather like this that I'm glad I bought some nice rain tyres to stick me to the road! We must have an inch of running water on the roads here in bishops stortford! Gotta love the English weather!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
3972913623_ea3350a89e.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Was actually about to start a thread on Rainsport2's but guess this will do.

Eventually I decided on these to replace some PE2's that had deceased after 10,000 hard miles.

At the price and the reviews I couldn't resist trying them (195/45/16) and although it's unfair to compare directly with the PE2's I was previously running as they were on 15" Rim I would still say in damp and full on wet weather they are noticeably better then the PE2's.

They are very nice a progressive and the grip is great. I would say they don't quite have the dry grip that the PE2's had but guess the name gives them away on that one!

Anyway certain to say I will have these tyres again without even thinking twice!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've just put these on the front of mine and for the few weeks the car was working I thought they were great,
when I was doing 70mph on a duel carriageway and it suddenly pissed down I was glad I had them.

Although to be fair anything is better than the 2.5mm I had on my PE2s.

clio mk1 RSI
good mid range tyre, I had them all round on my ph1 172, I found the dry grip to be excellent, I thought they would be better in the wet. The only bad thing I can say is they wore quick on the inside but I was running 17's(205/45) with no camber adjustment.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Oh yeah meant to add I think they do have a bit more road noise in the cabin though..