ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rammed in the arse by a 16ton lorry!

phase 1 172
i wud make a injury claim against him for dangerous drivin and jst make out ur havin whiplash pains. theres no way they can prove or not and with this scernario he wudnt hav a leg 2 stand on so u wud definately get a payout

340i
i wud make a injury claim against him for dangerous drivin and jst make out ur havin whiplash pains. theres no way they can prove or not and with this scernario he wudnt hav a leg 2 stand on so u wud definately get a payout

I have acutally got whip lash tho, all my neck muscles are really hurting and my shoudler! :(

340i
Is there anyway of working out a lorrys speed from the skid marks?

Becuase he left just over 22metere skid marks before he hit me?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Is there anyway of working out a lorrys speed from the skid marks?

Becuase he left just over 22metere skid marks before he hit me?

there is im sure. you watch accident programs on tv and you see how much they can work out from tiny marks on the road surface.

it must have been too fast to leave that kinda mark though! get pictures

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
samg1988 said:
there is im sure. you watch accident programs on tv and you see how much they can work out from tiny marks on the road surface.

it must have been too fast to leave that kinda mark though! get pictures

Not really trucks leave skids all the time, the wheels lock frequently and ive seen it happen.

Yes you could to that, but you would need to measure the distance then figure out how far you traveled, then use Momentum and Force to see how fast he hit you at (In Force, N's). Then you can do a simple calculation to find average speed and decelarated speed. Simple really.

340i
Heres a photo of the skid (ive got 6 more)

DSC00204.jpg

Just over 22 meters and the lorry moved me roughly 2 meters before i hit the vectra in front of me which made us stop

So all together from the start of the skid i would say around 25 meters?

S2000
An absolute bugger that it happened, but at least it wasn't worse as a lorry going into the back of you could easily have crushed you between your car and the traffic in front.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Gutted for you lad, hope all gets sorted out smoothly

My guess is speeding and on a mobile phone, possibly dodgy brakes :dapprove:

Beetle
I'm guessing that's a 30 zone as well looking at the houses and footpaths...
Yep it's a 30 on that bit, goes up to a 60 just past those traffic lights.

What a shitter mate, gutted for you :dapprove:
Hope it all gets sorted ok!

Proper b*****d, i loved your car.

Glad to hear your not majorly hurt by it, but as has been said, but a claim in for the whiplash, it will take a while to come through but youll almost certainly get a decent payout with the evidence provided.

340i
Cheers for the comments guys..
The insurance bloke has just been round, took a few photos and confirmed shes a write off!