ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random starting problems

Clio 182 - Cup Suspension
I'd had my 182 for 6 days when it refused to start one a horribly wet day in wales, it had started fine 1st thing that morning, but refused to restart when we got to wales. All I got was a ticking noise but no turning over. the aa got it going by cleaning the battery terminals and boosting it, and then it was fine for weeks til the other morning it was really cold, and it really struggled to turn over. I've been thinking of replacing the battery, cos it starts fine when it does turn over. I only use the car maybe once a week and at weekends, is there anything else anyone knows of that might cause this? a weak starter motor maybe?

clio 172
i have had the same problem this afternoon, had to buy a new battery,

When it doesnt start it resets the clock

also i have been having trouble with the data resetting in the computer, mpg etc.

hopefully my battery will solve all this

clio 172
does anybody know what tools i will need to replace my battery,

its snowing like crazy here and i just need to get it done as quick as i can

is at a 10mm for the terminals, what about the clamp?

any replies will be appreciated!!!

bus pass
seems like a battery fault to me ,kwikfit do a check(battery test) for free at least they use to ,and it might be just a case of charging overnight