ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random tick from dashboard

I seem to have a rather strange problem with my mk2 172 (another one!). Every now and then I get this random sort of ticking form the dash board, it seems to come from behind the sppedo or just to the right of it. I have had the dash off and had a look behind it but I cant see anything that it could be (I though it could be a leaf stuck in the vent).

The noise is really random, and not that frequent but when it does do it it does it for about 5 seconds and then stops!

Any ideas as to what it could be?

S2000

Im sure someone mentioned this in another tread earlier and that Renault had fixed it. It was something similar anyway. Ill see if I can find it.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

i had this prob then my window started going up and down by itself...maybe totally unrelated to ure prob tho....

cost me a new wiring loom for the windows 200 bucks!!

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 11 June 2005
Im sure someone mentioned this in another tread earlier and that Renault had fixed it. It was something similar anyway. Ill see if I can find it.

Cheers!

172cup

sorry if this is unrelated, and way off course... but both my clios do this. The rubber strip running across the back of the dashboard doesnt join properly, and rubs every now and then. It sort of makes a ticking sound. The join is in the middle of the dash right at the back. All i dont was stick some glue on it, and its been fine ever since.

The tick seems to come form more to the left though, much nearer the right hand vent. It sounds like a mechanical tick, but Ill have a look anyway.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

does it do it from start up and does the car have air con???

does it do it on very slight throttle action??

It doesnt do it form start up, and yes the car has air con (climate control), but no it has no throttle action that I have noticed. Sometimes it tickes a few times quietly, then goes loud for a few times and then stops, it isnt always at the same noise level :confused:

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I get it from the left hand side sometimes on mine but thats the drivers side window relay as it has a mind of its own sometimes and goes up and down by itself.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I think most of the relays are behind or under the glove box near to the fuse box.

Erm, not really sure as I pay no attention as to when the air con is on, and the climate control is on auto all the time. One thing is that is has only started doing it in the past few months, so could be when the air con is on during the hot whether. Why, you think you know what it could be?

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 11 June 2005
I think most of the relays are behind or under the glove box near to the fuse box.

Oh, I dont think it is that then as I get no noise from that side.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

yes

when the vehicle is set to auto - i think this vehilce might be fittede with a toxicity sensor > so when it senses poor air quailty outside it closes the re-circ flap in the air box and some times this unit has a habbit of clicking or the teeth gears that are extrnal to this motor that operates the flap click over each other - try using the air con on normal (not with auto illuminated) and use the re-circ button every now and then and see if you get the noise when you operate this button

regards

james

Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 11 June 2005
yeswhen the vehicle is set to auto - i think this vehilce might be fittede with a toxicity sensor > so when it senses poor air quailty outside it closes the re-circ flap in the air box and some times this unit has a habbit of clicking or the teeth gears that are extrnal to this motor that operates the flap click over each other - try using the air con on normal (not with auto illuminated) and use the re-circ button every now and then and see if you get the noise when you operate this buttonregardsjames

Well I tried this a number of times and didnt get any noise at all, so I dont think it is that. :confused: