ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random Wire Not Connected.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Please could someone let me know what this wire is for and where it should be connected to. I found it in my engine bay today while I was fitting a new dog bone mount. The wire is at the front of the engine bay, in front of the air box. The car is a 172 Cup!

IMG00190-20110205-1737.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00188-20110205-1737.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a pic of where the wire runs to (as far as I could see!)

IMG00189-20110205-1737.jpg
[/IMG]

The only electrical thing on the the car that is not working is the external temp sensor (well that I know of) and I don't think it is anything to do with that as it is at the front of the engine by.

Thanks,
Will.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
That would make sense, assuming that if its not connected you can open the bonnet without the alarm going off? Where does it connect to because I couldn't work it out!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yup, bonet switch connector... IIRC the Cup didn't have this (Cost/Weight saving knowing Renault)

There's normally a switch in the front grill section that sits in the plastics. You could no doubt fit one with ease if it bothered you that much.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Doesn't bother me that the car doesn't have one fitted, just wanted to know what the wire was, cheers for the help.