ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rapid clicking noise trying to start - flat battery?

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
I'm off to Birchdown tomorrow for the 72K work and some other bits and bobs on my 172, so me and the missus are staying at her sister's tonigh nearby since the car needs to be there by 9am.

Anyway, we've stopped at Cheshire Oaks so she can get her bargainous shop on, and I've sat in the car listening to the footy with the fans on but engine not ticking over, so I don't roast to death. Trouble is, car won't start now :D

All I get is very rapid clicking from the starter solenoid but no cranking. Dash lights flash like mad while that happens. Radio works and whatnot but the electric windows are really slow. Battery too flat for the starter to crank?

Regardless, b****cks!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I would say the battery is flat as well mate. try turning the radio and all electrical items off. leave it 15mins or so and see if it has enough juice get going.

If not get the mrs in the drivers seat, u push she turns the key lol

W

Willy

More than likely the battery is drained, would be suprised if not.

Da

Less
You powering your laptop from the ciggie lighter? ;)

But on a serious note, yeah battery sounds dead.

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Cool, cheers for the sanity check. Will wait for a bit and see if it fires, otherwise I'll be pushing or testing my new RAC cover for the first time :D

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
You powering your laptop from the ciggie lighter? ;)

But on a serious note, yeah battery sounds dead.

The joys of a modern mobile phone, doubt the laptop would fire either given how little juice there appears to be, hehe ;)

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
When you do get it home, might be worth checking the drive belt tension, this happenend to mine, wasnt re-charging battery cause it was slightly slack. good luck

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Yeah, turns out it was as flat as a pancake. Couldn't bump it so the RAC got it going. All fine now and with Birchdown for a day's work as we speak :D

Clio 172 cup
defo battery mate same happened to mine, it wasnt even clicking to start with so changed the starter motor, then was do loads of clicking, so had the battery tested and it was mullered,