ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle, is it fixable? (see attachment)

?
Basically had to take my door apart once to fit the electric window motor.

Now, the inside door pillar plastic sits a bit high, and there is a gap (as seen in the attached pic, not my car but shows the same bit)

Basically when driving that area makes a rattle. When i push down on the pillar (closing the gap between the pillar plastic and the rest of the door card) the noise goes, but after a few seconds the gap pops into existance again and the rattle returns.

All of the clips for the doorcard etc are intact... is there anyway i can force the pillar to stay in its correct position so it wont make this rattle?!!!

EDIT - dont really wanna be forced to use epoxy/superglue just incase i need to change something/open up the doorcard again

Thanks,

Ahmed

Attachments

• dsc00818smallae1.jpg
    dsc00818smallae1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 83
I have just used a little bit of sponge behind.

Also, if you take the trim off, you will see 2 or 3 clips and circular plastic washer type things. Basically i glued these to stop them from moving, fixed it :)

?
I have just used a little bit of sponge behind.

Also, if you take the trim off, you will see 2 or 3 clips and circular plastic washer type things. Basically i glued these to stop them from moving, fixed it :)

Thanks for the reply

Where did you put the sponge exactly?

Also, which clips did you glue? the ones on the plastic fascia or the ones on the metal door?

Thanks,

Ahmed