ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattles, ideas

Whilst going down some bump b-roads ive noticed that the blue plastic bits are buzzing (you know the plastic strips above the glove box and near the drivers air vent) when i went down the road pushing the bit near the air vent the noise stopped.

Has anyone taken these bits off and if so are they easy to replace? need to put some blu tack behind there or something cuz its doing my box in

Elise/VX220/R26

lol welcome to renaultsport ownership. I usualyy have at leat one rattle on the go, sometimes 2 or 3, given up taking it back to renno now.

rattles are Renaults way of showing your car is still in one piece - if it aint rattling its fallen off. LOL

I expect all performance cars to have some rattles, lightweight, hard suspension etc..... All part of the package.

Clio 197

My 182 used to do that.

Remove the strips (they just pull off).

Mask the front of them with parcel tape or something that comes off easily.

Spray the rears with dynomat sound deadening spray (available from halfords).

Allow to dry, then re-fit.

Sorted!

K20 EG Hatch

you can take them off with a flat head screw driver under the one side an flick em off, then figure out somet to put under them to stop em rattling!