ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattles in the clio

Had my 182 for a month now, and there is a b**ch ass of a rattle coming from the dashboard, is this something that I could complain about and have sorted under warranty?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i have a high pitched squeal that comes form near the rear view mirror/interior light.

only occurs at 100mph+ Don't think the mechanics at Renault will want to fix it tbh.... i will have to do it myself!

197-I love!!!
I had a rattle in the drivers side window when it's half way down-It was driving me mad-went to my local Renault dealer where I bought the car from-They told me rattles are not covered under warranty after the car is a 1 year old-Has anyone else heard this?

182 + Cup
Rattles are normal. I have a few (in the car!). Once I had this really annoying one from the side of the dash. I stuck my hand up there and found that the tube thingy had come away from the back of the air vent. I know all the technical terms me...!

I have absolutley no problems with warranty only the other month did I have the drivers side air vent replaced coz it rattles when open car is 2 years old and lowered and zorst!
Can you explain where the rattle comes from its behaviour etc?

Rob.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that rattles / trim alignment is only covered under warranty for the first 6 months (maybe a year)

sounds like it is comming from the on top of the dash, near to the tweeter pod on the drivers side, its a fairly high pitched vibrating rattle that happens even at low speeds. bloody annoying!

182 + Cup
Thomas said:
sounds like it is comming from the on top of the dash, near to the tweeter pod on the drivers side, its a fairly high pitched vibrating rattle that happens even at low speeds. bloody annoying!

I have one of those! Have you tried twisting the tweeter mesh cover thingy? (again with the terminology...) Mine seems to be a bit loose.

my mates megane had a funny squeaking noise coming from the sun roof when going above 70mph.. he took it into renault and they just said he shouldn't be going above 70 anyway!!! lol

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I have a really bad sqeeeeeky rattle that comes from the seatbelt drivers side. Does my head in it's been in once and they lubed it up so they said, popping in again to get it sorted. apart from that - all cool.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have a loud rattle/buzzing noise that appears to come from behind the climate control panel or somewhere close to there. No idea how to get behind that area to check for anything obvious. Usually happens at around 4k rpm but doesn't sound like it comes from under the car.

Mazda MX5 1.8
my worst one seems to be coming from the passenger side speaker panel bit. havent had a chance to take it off and take a look yet. also have an annoying one in the boot. some stupid lil rubber flap keeps flapping about...

sunroof used to rattle like a f**k but cured it by taking it out tightening everything up and putting it back in...... *touch wood* it doesnt make any noise now!

Thomas said:

Try the vent at the drivers side if you tap around that area can you recreate the rattle? if its the vent try closing it and tapping it see if it goes thats what mine did!

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
bloo_joo said:
speaking of rattles, does anybody else's rear bumper rattle when they close the boot?

Yeah i get that aswell, and when I shut the boot im not quite sure if its going to fall off or not.........

despite the fact my clio is put together with pritt stick, i still love it!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Rather than a "rattle" I get a vibration noise that sounds like its coming from the drivers door somewhere. Its not music because I have been having no music on over the weekend. So I haven't a clue what it is?.

i also get one from the the cruise control panel and one where the dials perspex meets the dash. If i press it down it stops.
one day i'll get round to blu tacing it or something

Citroen DS3 DSport
bloo_joo said:
and one where the dials perspex meets the dash. If i press it down it stops. one day i'll get round to blu tacing it or something

I get this too.

silver cup packed FF 182
have found i get a slight vibration noise whilst driving in some gears then when i put my foot down it dissapears sounds as if its coming from under the dash behind the glovebox sumwhere???