ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling alternator??

Clio 172 Ph1
My 172 ph1 is making some rattling sound which is heard little on idling, and specially when trying to start (with no accelerator pedal pressed ), slowly releasing the clutch. On higher revs, that sound is not heard.

I think that sound is comming from alternator, as when i put hand on it i can feel it more vibrating in the same time as the sound is heard. When i press the plastic on alternator, the sound in quiter but it is still there.
Anybody had similiar problem?

Megane 225
Could be the bearing in the Alternator! Get it looked at ASAP! U don't want it shearing off as t could take out the cam belt!

Megane 225
Probably a new alternator I think! Depends on whats wrong with it! When did you last have the belt/tensioner replaced?

Clio 172 Ph1
It was "just" a lower alternator bolt missing so alternator mada a little noise. Changed a belt too so everything is ok.