ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling and squeaking from the rear ...

Saxo VTR, RB Clio 182 Cup
Hiya All

New to the club and brought my first clio 182 2 weeks ago tomorrow

We have just replaced the exhaust mounts as they had perished and just had the 2 rear tires done as they were worn ...

Now I have noticed a kind of rattling from what sounds like the exhaust (but isn't) and a squeaking sound whilst driving!

We have a slight dip to get onto our drive and when driving up slowly it kinda creaks.

:(

Is anyone familiar with this and can offer advice!

I took 3 month warranty out on car so will probably be taking it to garage once I am back off hols just wondered if any of you were familiar with these problems??

Iceberg Ph1
I know this sounds ever so stupid.. But apparently the parcel shelf can squeek and rattle like mad? Obviously if you know if its coming from under the car or in the car it helps...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
it could be the bushes sqeaking as for the rattle idk it wud b one of those things ud have to hear for urself.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Exhaust heat sheild? Rear wheel arch linners? They rattle on mine.

Can I ask do any of you with 182's have a lotof movement in the clip on the boot, that the boot sits into when shut??

Clio 182FF
Causes of my rattles and squeeks were indeed the parcel shelf and rear boot catch. Padded the parcel shelf (as per Aluco's guide!) and oiled the catch up. Sorted :)

Done all that has been advised and the squeaking is still there ....

It is like a rattle noise ... most bizarre ... hope the garage that get it under warranty can find the issue!!!