ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling catalytic converter

clio 182
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me, there was a rattling noise coming from my exhaust system so i removed the full exhaust to find out it was coming from my cat. The full inside of the cat has come loose and is moving inside the outer casing, does anyone know if it possible to be welded inside if i was to have it cut open?

106 Quicky
If its to loud, your to old ;) i would cut it open and weld it into place mate then weld back up the casing or see how much second hand one on ebay is going for?

clio 182
haha to old, so will it not cause any problem getting it welded? and id rather have standed exhaust with a good induction kit m8, dont know if its the exhaust ive got on but it seems to loud.

To the OP...
I had the same problem, I took the cat off and did exactly this..
[video=vimeo;781909]http://vimeo.com/781909[/video]

clio 182
did that make it louder tho? ive got a de-cat but its to loud, thats why i want a cat to reduce the noise m8

Well, the part that was rattling on my cat was only half of the 'insides' as only half had broken down and started to rattle, so I just got that lot out and left the rest..
So, it's pretty much a half-decat.

It's a little louder.