ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling Noise above 2800-2900 rpm Clio 4 RS Trophy

Clio 4 RS Trophy
Hi,

I have recently bought a 2018 Clio 4 RS 220 Trophy with lovely Akrapovic Exhaust.

The car has driven about 26000km. I have noticed recently, that when the oil is about 90-95 degrees celsius (on the R.S. Monitor), I hear a rattling noise from under the hood, above 2800rpm stationary (P)(video). When I am driving, I hear the same rattling noise but it happens only for a brief moment when i press and release the throttle (video).

Did anyone experience something like that? Or has any idea what can it be? Or am i paranoic with it and it should be like that?

PS. Everything under the car was checked, nothing is loose, neither the exhaust is leaking.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2021-07-20 at 22.37.35.mp4
    17.4 MB
  Clio 220 trophy
Hi mate,

I had something similar which was driving me absolutely crazy. It turned out to be the bonnet for me. There are rubber bungs that can be adjusted to help keep the pressure onto the holding mechanism/bonnet catch instead of it moving up and down and clanking. It could be this perhaps? Best way to check is simply push up and down on your bonnet and see if it rattles.

Hope this helps 😊