ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 200 Cup Swissvax Detail (Pic Heavy)

RB 200 Cup
Dropped my new 200 off with Matt of Magic Detail yesterday, the photos have just gone up on 197.net here, thought it was worth a share on here too ;)

The car was initially booked in with me for a New Car Detail, and these are ordinarily protected with Ceramishield, however it was changed to a Swissvax detail and protected using primarily Swissvax products!!

On arrival it looked like this, having covered just under 500 miles since new.

IMG_5229.gif

IMG_5230.gif

IMG_5231.gif

IMG_5232.gif

IMG_5233.gif

IMG_5234.gif

So this is a shake down of the processes and products used for this detail;

• Vehicle snow foamed with Valet Pro PH-neutral to suspend loose dirt, agitated and then left to dwell for 5mins.
• Mitchell & King luxury PH-neutral shampoo wash, with wheel arches and wheels soaked in Megs APC.
• Wheels cleaned with regular shampoo and a selection of special wheel woollies.
• Panel gaps, door shuts, and badges cleaned with Megs APC.
• Paintwork decontaminated with Iron-X and then clayed (no tar present).
• Vehicle hand-dried using 'deep pile' microfibre drying towels and blow dryer.
• Paintwork glazed with Poorboys White Diamond via DA polisher
• Mitchell & King aviation-grade 'Armour' teflon coating applied to all exterior surfaces.
• All exterior paintwork protected using Swissvax Crystal Rock carnauba wax.
• Door shuts protected using Zaino Z2.
• Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected with Swissvax Seal Feed.
• Interior fabric cleaned and vacuumed.
• Interior fabric protected using Nanolex Textile sealant.
• Interior trim dressed with 303 Aerospace
• All glass cleaned.
• Exterior glass protected using G|Techniq G3 water repellant.
• Exterior plastics dressed and protected using Wolfs Nanotech Trim Coat
• Tyres cleaned, conditioned and dressed with Zaino Z16.
• Wheels waxed by hand with Swissvax Autobahn.
• Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished with Britemax.
• Engine bay cleaned and protected with 303 Aerospace.
• Final inspection under various light sources for quality control.

Here's a few pictures of some key points...

IMG_5235.gif

IMG_5239.gif

IMG_5243.gif

IMG_5250.gif

IMG_5260.gif

This next picture was taken after the application of the Mitchell & King Armour - as you can see it looks fantastic!! this can be used in it's own right as a protective coating but I use it as a base layer for waxes to boost their durability.

IMG_5261.gif

IMG_5262.gif

IMG_5263.gif

IMG_5266.gif

IMG_5268.gif

Indoors to finish off the other coatings, so enjoy these for what they are - paintwork finished, wheels, tyres etc were done later..

IMG_5269.gif

IMG_5271.gif

IMG_5273.gif

IMG_5278.gif

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome, and if anybody would like contact details for Matt drop me a PM!

RB 200 Cup
Thanks for all of the the compliments! I'm really happy with the finish, Matt has done a great job!

looks awesome. shame its got no options though :(
I would have loved to have gone for the Recaros and projectors, but unfortunately the budget wouldn't stretch :( TBF, haven't missed them so far though :race:

Looks awesome! How much was that?

Very reasonable! Drop me a PM and I'll put you in touch?

Abarth 500
Hey guys, it was myself who detailed the car. Lee has pointed me in the direction of here so thought I may aswell sign up and answer any questions etc and get stuck in helping out in the detailing section you've got.

I am a fan of the Armour sealant as well, I'm guessing he got that and the shampoo from Waxstock!

Hi mate, I am actually a Mitchell & King approved detailer / Ambassador, so that's why I have these products - I have my own prototype blend of wax and get to trial things before they are released etc. I never went to Waxstock, I was working that weekend!! Keep an eye out in the detailing section, I will show you some images and a video of what myself and M&K are developing at the moment!

Best wishes,
Matt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a shame you didn't opt for the ceramic sealant although the new C1 isn't really anything special one of the others would be my choice. Even if your topping with wax a ceramic sealant is a must when looking after paintwork, from a swirls ocd pov.

CR looks superb and it'll last, bead and all the rest but you won't get what you can get from a ceramic sealant. I find it a no-brainer these days to go with a ceramic sealant after a correction detail or even an enhancement.

Safe washing only helps so much, the risk of marring is still there, a ceramic sealant is a failsafe if you will i'm shocked more aren't opting for it these days.

Just my 2p, car looks pretty good.

Abarth 500
I agree with you Gally. Truth be told I would usually protect new cars with a ceramic sealant - I prefer Ceramishield Pro, it's easy enough to use and gets the job done. It also comes with a 2yr warranty. However there were some issues with the paint which prevented this and so the spec was changed to Swissvax with the teflon Armour underlay. Some paint correction is on the cards for this car next year, and at that point we can then revisit the ceramic coating idea! Sadly I only had the car for a day and the work required to resolve the paint issues would have needed alot more time.