ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB progress thread.

Audi TT 3.2
Right ive had my RB for about a year know and its changed quite a bit, wish i had started this when i got the car bit hey ho.

I bought the car in april 2009 from a chap who is on here, the car already had on it H & R coilovers, speedline 2118's and brembo grooved discs. The previous owner did a few track days in the car and he also owned a clio cup race car and seemed to know his way around a clio.

So i went down on a saturday and looked around the car test drove it and my mind was made up, we settled on a price and after the longest week ever i went back down the next saturday, after he put 12 months MOT on it to pick it up!

This was on the first day of ownership and just after i had fitted my 307 splitted as it never came with a slpitted looks so bare without one,

IMG00060-20090504-1404.jpg

IMG00058-20090504-1404.jpg

IMG00057-20090504-1403.jpg

then after 2weeks of ownership i painted the brake ducts black, i was never to keen on these ducts anyway.

IMG00082-20090605-1803.jpg

i then got the bargin of my life and bought these corsa vxr recaros for £250 and made up some frames and got them fitted,

P1000703.jpg

then got a 3/4 size front plate

P1000706.jpg

then i lowered the car a bit more as it was a bit high for me and painted the front diamond and side bullets yellow, was a bit of a phase this.

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

then the badges went grey with white lettering

IMG00189-20090730-1711.jpg

DSCF0344.jpg

then i got my miltek fitted with a decat and the centre silencer removed

DSCF0342.jpg

DSCF0340.jpg

then the 2118's went anthracite, really liked the look of the car at this point but the wheels just didnt fill the arches.

DSCF0378.jpg

and got a peado

DSCF0380.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0042-1.jpg

then i swapped my 2118's for trophy turinis with dan of here, filled the arches much better, was very pleased.
also got a carbon front diamond and did my dash strips and side bullets in carbons with white letterin and got some 182 xenons with 6k bulbs, and bought some front fogs and also silvertecs for the front much better and made the front looks complete.

DSCF0164.jpg

DSCF0162.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

also got some renault f1 team sticker for the wings!

DSCF0043-1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

jpg-1.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

DSCF0169.jpg

this is how its stands at the present day, i relised my recaros were worth alot more than what i paid so stuck them on ebay and got £1050 for them so made £700!:D

Plans for it are just to keep it clean at the mo, would love some trophy recaros but as i might be becoming a full time student again in september ill have to wait and see.

thanks for lookinbg and ill keep it updated with anything i do to her!

cheers

George

CLIO PH1 172
very very nice although im not sure wether i prefered it on the 2118s after you dropped it more??

still very nice example

Audi TT 3.2
Looking back it did look nice on the 2118s but just didn't fill the arches and I was never going to do any trck days so didn't see the point in 15s! The seats I got of my mate who didn't really seem to know the value of them and I didn't at the time!

Megane 225
Deffo get it back on the 2118's .... looked much nicer!! But i agree with everyone else.... Very nice RB :)

LY 182
Lovely car. The Turini's look sexy, but the 2118s look just as sexy and seem to be a bit 'different' to most. I'd definitely opt for the 2118s.

172 Flamer
Looking good mate. Love those seats, they look comfy. And those Turini's look the business. Can't wait for mine to arrive. :approve:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody loved it with the anth 2118's, those with the crabon diamon would be spot on IMO.

The seats were utter p**n, can't believe you got rid. IMO you got rid of the best two parts of the car :(

Still looks very nice though, just not amazing.

Audi TT 3.2
Bloody loved it with the anth 2118's, those with the crabon diamon would be spot on IMO.

The seats were utter p**n, can't believe you got rid. IMO you got rid of the best two parts of the car :(

Still looks very nice though, just not amazing.

i would have kept the seat, but they never fitted very well and the frames i had made up were flimsy so wouldnt have been very safe, and plus i made a profit!

as for the 2118's i liked them on the car but the never filled the arches and i couldnt go any lower as i already had a bit of rubbing, so i opted for the turinis as ive always liked them.

thanks for the comments

Audi TT 3.2
little update, recived my k-tec solid top mounts and k-tec engine mounts. i ordered them on tuesday ay 5.15, top service from them as ever!

i got my top mounts fitted straight away found them very easy to fit and just been out for test drive and the car feels so much better no knocking now aswell. :)

ill get my engine mounts fitted at the weekend when my mate can help me!

heres a couple of pics..

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looked stunning on anthracite 2118's! But I can see what you mean about 16's filling the arch's better.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Really liking it! :cool: I'm not sure which I prefered, the 2118s or the turinis, both work very well

Good to hear you're impressed with the ktec top mounts, I'm loving mine too :approve:

Iceberg 172
I cannot believe you got those Recaro CS's for £250 and then sold them!!!!!???????

You must be off your tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice car though.

TTRS & V50
Good update. Are the top mounts 200 quid better? Seriously considering cause of my knocking and to tighten things up..

DB.

BMW 440i
Great profit on the Recaro's mate, Good effort!

Car looks awesome, notice much difference with the top mounts?

Whats next? :)

Audi TT 3.2
Top mounts do make a massive difference! It knocks a tiny bit but defo worth the 163quid there were! The recaros were nice but I made a good profit so they went! Plus they never fitted properly anyway!

Audi TT 3.2
what is the use for those top mounts? would they be any good on a stock suspension set up?

i would say yeh as they replace the standard 'cheese' like topmounts, mine were nakered. it has tightened things up loads and works well with the k-tec engine mounts everything seems solid and its cut down the gear stick movement when changing gear aswell

overall has made the car a lot better to drive! :D

and pritchard id get them bought my mounts were 45k old and deffently needed replacing!

Audi TT 3.2
Just gave it a quick evening clean ready for the peterboro meet tomorrow!

I love how the colour looks when it not in sunlight its so much darker!

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg