ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB182 2118's and a what's it worth..

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
Y'allo,
Firstly my rb182 cup is due to be lowered on some sportlines, will the car look too high if I bought some 15" 2118's in anthracite? If anyone has this spring/wheel combo please post a pic.

Secondly the reason I'd like some 2118's I because my stock cup wheels are a.) ugly and b.) have a few curb marks.
How much do you think a set of straight but curbed cup wheels are worth with 4 good tyres.
2 fronts have done less than 1k miles 205/45/16 t1r's an the backs are some avons in same size with good tread.

Thanks!

205 GTI, Clio 182
Give me a few hours and I will let you know. Going to try Sportlines + 2118 and will post pics.

205/45's won't work as well as 205/50's imo.

205 GTI, Clio 182
Nope, picking up my 182 this arvo. Got 2118's with 195/50 in garage. Going to put them on

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Standard Trophy suspension, 2118's:
dd909419.jpg

205 GTI, Clio 182
Okay, getting back a little late. Fitted some 2118's to my brand new 182 on Sportlines (literally picked it up this arvo).

img1561h.jpg

img1563p.jpg

img1561a.jpg

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
That looks great dom, glad you went for it. Sits real pretty on the sportlines after all.

I'd get some locking wheel nuts on those sharpish!

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
Okay. After looking at those pics, and I dont mean to be rude to your car, I think I prefer the look of 16" Turini's.
Now to find some at a good price...

Anyone have a clue on the value of my wheels?

Iceberg 172
2118's aren't a pretty wheel... but they're stupidly strong (and heavy!). IMO you need to be quite low to pull off 15's... but then that kind of defeats the object of going for a 15" wheel (ie handling).

Turini's (as much as everyone seems to hate them now on here as they are like belly buttons) are imo the best suited wheels for ph2 1*2's.

2118's aren't a pretty wheel... but they're stupidly strong (and heavy!). IMO you need to be quite low to pull off 15's... but then that kind of defeats the object of going for a 15" wheel (ie handling).

Turini's (as much as everyone seems to hate them now on here as they are like belly buttons) are imo the best suited wheels for ph2 1*2's.

2118's really arent that heavy! Having heard about 'heavy' they were when I went to collect a set myself I was surprised at how light they were as people on here seem to think there 10 tonne blocks!

And refering to having to be stupid low to make them look good and then that affecting the handling, are you on crack?

Iceberg 172
2118's really arent that heavy! Having heard about 'heavy' they were when I went to collect a set myself I was surprised at how light they were as people on here think there 10 tonne blocks!

And refering to having to be stupid low to make them look good and then that affecting the handling, are you on crack?

No not really! You don't wan to be scrapping on the floor and having the tyres rub on the arches if you're going to be throwing it around all over the place. Unless you're on stupidly stiff suspension.

Tbh if your having it rubbing in the arches you have it far too low in teh first place or have poor suspension, 2118's do not have to be that low though to make them look good however. But guess thats a matter of opinion...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

7MAT's Trophy look awesome IMO on 2118's, and that isn't low at all.

4346852348_14899ba7fe.jpg

4346853410_7e0359f0e0_z.jpg

Iceberg 172
True, my suspension isn't for track, so isn't all that stiff and my Turini's scrubbed the arches on my old cup. So to pull off 15's imo I would of had to go lower and it would of scrubbed.

As you say, it's an opinion and my opinion is that 2118's are pretty damn ugly! lol.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
True, my suspension isn't for track, so isn't all that stiff and my Turini's scrubbed the arches on my old cup. So to pull off 15's imo I would of had to go lower and it would of scrubbed.

As you say, it's an opinion and my opinion is that 2118's are pretty damn ugly! lol.

See I think they look fairly similar to turinis.

My next purchase methinks, as I want to go 15'' wheels very shortly.

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
That RB is pretty nice,
I think it needs to be slightly lower still though.

I love 2118's but don't think I'll ever have the money for good coilovers anytime soon.
Looks like it'll be some Sportlines & Turini's.

btw that Trophy looks dead nice on the 2118's.

205 GTI, Clio 182
See I disagree. I find the height of the trophy and my car in here perfect. Yeah lower would be alright, but it's not too bad on sportlines.

That RB 182 is hot btw