ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RC Developments Evo 6

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
Sorry if in the wrong section but...
Frind of mine has just bought this!!!!
dont know what power its running but for 40k i hope its a lot! got sequential shift and hes worrying how long the cogs will last HAHA. going to take me out on Sat so hope its quick lol!

0011mitsudishievo6bluea_small.JPG
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 6 GSR 2.0 TURBO APPORX 700 BHP, 4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 2000, 48,423 miles, Porsche Rivera Blue. RC Developments 2.4 stroker engine conversion, RC 700 turbo kit, RC Developments big valve ported head, RC Developments phase 1 plenum, RC Custom HKS TypeR Intercooler kit, RC Custom oil cooler kit, Custom Hollinger dog box with Ikeya shifter, Tilton twin plate clutch, RC Custom 3.5 inch exhaust, Koyo radiator, Full poly-bushed suspension arms with Tein suspesion, AP Racing front & rear brakes, Sparko quick release steering wheel, Damd front bumper, Monster sport carbon bonet and boot lid, C-West carbon gt wing, RC Custom carbon side-skirt exstensions and rear defuse, Corbeau revolution race seats, Sabelt race harnesses, 18" RAYS VOLK Racing CE28N Alloys, Too many on the List...... £39,995

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
different car both sold at car planet warrington, he told me the blue one is near enough the same spec but dont know how true this is!?

Turbos.
Who cares anyway, they would have completely rebuilt them. Sounds cool but i would remove the gearbox straight away if hes using it as a road car.

Clive rebuilt both the yellow and blue one from the ground up, he's an absolute genius when it comes to evos, and certainly isn't someone who would rip someone off:)

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
Who cares anyway, they would have completely rebuilt them. Sounds cool but i would remove the gearbox straight away if hes using it as a road car.

well he's looking to see how it goes and then poss. get it done dependant on how long it lasts.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that isnt a sequential box... its a hollinger dog box with an ikeya bolt on sequential shifter... its a fancy gear stick with a set of gears inside it that when u push forwards the cogs move in the shifter to move the selector fork in the box... its far from sequential... its a straight cut dog leg box and u will find only a few of the gears (prob 1, 2 and 3) will be straight cut... as long as he shifts correctly it should last a fair few miles, a propper sequential box would only last 6-7k, dogleg straight cut will last alot more!

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
kool he'l be glad to know that. apparently the guy he bought it from said it will only lat 2 seasons.

ValverInBits
nice car, just a shame RC developments have gone into liquidation

they have indeed. Aparently one of their customers got the shell of his mint FQ400 back but nothing else. And the shell had been left outside for so long it was rotten.
Some nasty stuff has gone on there over the last few months.

MY10 R35 GTR
they have indeed. Aparently one of their customers got the shell of his mint FQ400 back but nothing else. And the shell had been left outside for so long it was rotten.
Some nasty stuff has gone on there over the last few months.

yep some very wrong dealing have been goin on.