ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re: 4 vibe subs

Hey guys, iv just got 4 vibe pulse 3 subs. Want to stick them in my boot but its only small . What do you reccon is the best way to go about it? what do i need to do? ported box?

the subs are 10" 300watt RMS and 600watt max.

cheers guys

small enclosure, split into 4 chambers

best would be to use a sealed box as in general as a rule of thumb, they are smaller and more effiecient

to be honest, you will not see any benefit over 2 x 12" subs, and you will completely lose the use of every part of your boot, will have no scope for appearance and is way overkill in a clio

well i dont really need the boot and i got the subs quite cheap, is it not best puttin them all in the same box then?

al

Mk2 Golf GTI

cheap as in 2 for £60?! ;) im going for one of the active boxes, 12" version. Easy to install and i cant be arsed to fanny about with separate amps etc

what i mean is all subs in one box, but the box split into 4 sections, you will damage the subs if they all use the same single enclosure

if you dont care about space, you could always try and fit them into a ported box (1 box, 4 sections, 4 ports)

all i will say is, you paid £60 for two, they will sound like they cost you that, better to spent £120 on one good one, you would have noticed the difference, all the vibes will do is make a noise

yeah think ill make a huge box and put each sub in its own chamber... they should have 1.25cf each hope i got enough space :eek:. bambam - vibe are quality, and for £30 each with a rrp of £90 im sure they are good value.

mk1 proto

i used to have two vibe 12s n they were immensly loud! now i got four pheonix gold 12s each in their own box now thats loud! if u intend on gettin them all in the boot u will b pushed but the best way of savin space n squeezing them all in is an isobarric installation!! where u mount one 12@ normally n then reverse a second sub n mount it in the same box so that the basket of the second sub is outside do u get it???

i would advise you to check with vibe for the box specification as this will almost certainly effect the overall sound! the boxes need to b made really well! also make sure u got one hellova amp to power them all!!! they take a lot of abuse n u will need a monster of an amp! hope this helps! ne more queeries just pm me or sumfin mate! good luck n good bass!

Mk2 Golf GTI

bam bam the vibe subs arent bad at all for the price, i had two in my car running off a VP3. They are usually £90 each but some bloke was doing the older version for £60 a pair. The new ones are exactly the same technically but look a bit different!! I think Vibe subs are great for the money and are better than most of the similary priced competition, its just the amps that let them down, they have a habit of blowing up quite easily

thanks guys!

not sure what you mean by the isobarric installation... could you draw me a quick picture in paint or something :)

Ok, here is the problem - fitting 4 10s in the boot (reccomended 1.25cf of box each).

http://pro1.org/clio_boot.jpg

im thinking 2 big boxes - one each side with the subs facing eachother (2 subs per box) and run them all of a big mono amp. This sound ok? any ideas?

mk1 proto

try this u get almost the same volume but u keep more space in your boot for displayin amps etc, or shoppin (woteva!)

hope this makes in clearer1 check box specification either directly with vibe or with a reputable vibe dealer! let us no how u get on!

merlincancan that picture dosnt seem to work? could you repost it or email it to me @ mailto:alex@pro1.org">alex@pro1.org thanks for your help guys

mk1 proto

is that better pro1???\

clio1.2; do you want another one?? i got mine up for sale as i dont need it nemore! im looking for rioughly 200 quid as its da brand new model n aint even been hooked up!

mk1 proto

da boxes HAVE to be a specific dimension buddy or else itll sound w*nk!

wit an isobarric install....

on the pic u got above yeah?? where you ave each sub!!! add another, outside of the box but reversed! does that mate sense???

cheers bambam! im pretty sure theyll be fine in the same chamber - i am powering all of them with the same mono amp (they will all get exacly the same power). I dont really get what difference an isobaric installation makes can someone expain..

thanks guys!

i have 2 JBL GT3-12 and 1 of the Vibe Pulse subs..all running off a 600watt Legacy amps.. the vibe getting 300watt and the JBLs getting 150 each..sounds good atm..will sound better when sealed tho :D am looking forward to that :)

nop no ports atm.. am considering putting 1 or 2 in tho..in chrome... :D gonna have to trim down my parcel shelf tho because its sealing the boot too much and holding all the bass in there.. lol