ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-coding key

clio 172 sport
hi ppl been having trouble starting the car with my spare key,it doesnt seem to be disabling the immobiliser .
does any1 know how much it will be to get my key coded and if this should solve the problem

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I have this same problem and I only have 1 key. On mine the key will open the doors and allow you to get in no problem but when you try to start it the light in the middle of the dash will flash rapidly.

If this is the same problem as yours then it is £38 inc VAT to get the key re-doded, these are prices from my dealer and I found they very. However the problem is probably going to be the transponder in the key, a replacement will be £92 inc VAT so you may need to spend £130 all in.

My advice would be to just leave it for now while you're only using it as a spare then get a new key if the time ever comes when the other key starts to give you the same problems.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Is coding the fob to work the central locking/alarm the expensive part? Because I can get my key copied (without the fob button but including the immobiliser bit) for £25 from the local key cutters.

Honda Integra Type R
Well in our branch to code a key its 1 hours labour @ £63 + vat plus the price of a plip and blade. takes about 15mins on the diagnostics tbh