ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-locating electric window switches

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I've bought some CF door cards, but they have no space for the electric window switches.

Are the switches removable all in one piece with the wires, from the small panel they sit it in the normal door panel?

I've thought about trying to mount them by the gearstick...any ideas how too?

Had a think and this might work. If you locate the wires that are for the window switches then follow them back as far as the go then choc bloc and cover then run to the gear box area, that should work.

As for getting them out, torx screw in the handle bit then pull backwards and up

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Had a think and this might work. If you locate the wires that are for the window switches then follow them back as far as the go then choc bloc and cover then run to the gear box area, that should work.

As for getting them out, torx screw in the handle bit then pull backwards and up

That could be an option...

...Just spoke to Chrispy on here, looks like I'm going to have to cut the wires that run to the window switches and then solder in new pieces of wire in that way. This will hopefully give me the length of where I want to run it too.

Iceberg 172
Yeah that's easy mate! Just locate the wires before they go into the door, extend by more than you need and put the switches where ever you want!

I'd probably use different switch though unless you fancy plastic welding the original switchs in places, which would look bloody cool but be a bit more hard, time consuming work!