ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Map Clio 1.4 Sport

M

mini-valver

So if you put the exact same exhaust and exact same filter on both cars from brand new, the 1.4 would gain more? Have you got any proof ir is it just because you used to own a 1.4?

Im not trying to be a tool, just interested to know how you've come to the conclusion.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
So if you put the exact same exhaust and exact same filter on both cars from brand new, the 1.4 would gain more? Have you got any proof ir is it just because you used to own a 1.4?

Im not trying to be a tool, just interested to know how you've come to the conclusion.

Only proof I have.. which I don't physically have .. and tbh isn't the most scientific is that a mate of mine with a 1.6 did filter and exhaust, same filter, roughly same exhaust. We both went to the same rolling road day before and after, I had better gains.

Has just led me to belive that if the same block as a 1.6 is already making more power, there is less to be had when doing bolt on mods?

M

mini-valver

The block is making more power because there is more capacity. The inlet manifold, exhaust manifold AND head are exactly the same, so changing them for better flowing items will improve them both exactly the same amount over the OE stuff. If anything, as the 1.6 has more to burn, making improvements to the exhaust and filter should in theory give better gains.

When you both went on the RR, were you running exactky the same mods, exactly the same fuel and did you do a run with both standard first off to check the percentage increase, not just the overall figure?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Same Fuel, Same Filter Same exhaust, his was twin exit, mine was stealth.

Both did before and after.

I went from 98 - 102
He went from 109 - 111

lol, I know there not monumental figures but every little helps!

Could just be that his was a 'bad' one? I know you get 2.0's that under perform more than others for no aparent reason

clio1.4 s remap K&N
i have a 1.4 s 8v and its remaped its worth the money much smother throughout the revs and power is constant svo in kidderminster did mine