ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re Mapping

Is it worth it?

Been quoted £250 for the guy to coem to me and do what he does etc...

Im quite keen to do it but want to know what people have got out of it. 182 ff. Heard it may improve a couple of things like fuel economy. Whats all involved. Does it take a lot of time for the changes to be made?

thanks

RS tuning is based in leeds so its abit of a trek but well worth the journey for Pauls expertise and professionalism. Does cost alittle more but the car is mapped on his dyno with before and after runs included, so you know you are getting your money's worth. the map will also be for your car rather than just a generic map

also whilst i was there Paul found a couple of issues with my car that he's sorted for me, which another mapper coming to your house might not find...

Failing that i would save the best part of £80 and buy one of the RStuners from fastchip who are based in holland. you install it, it downloads data which you send/email to them and they return a map for your car which you install

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Paddy i got mine done at Powertune in Bothwell near Hamilton (hes a chipped UK dealer) must admit seems to pull from alot lower and the rev range increased to 7500rpm....my mate got his done there too and is more than happy...and the guy there is sound...PM me if you anymore info

cheers Craig.:)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Is it worth it?

Been quoted £250 for the guy to coem to me and do what he does etc...

Im quite keen to do it but want to know what people have got out of it. 182 ff. Heard it may improve a couple of things like fuel economy. Whats all involved. Does it take a lot of time for the changes to be made?

thanks

Well if the guy is coming to you i hope you have a Rolling road at your house.

250 for a guy to come round and load a map on .......Erm No thanks!

Worth getting it done by a proper place on a rolling road, Paul at Rstuning gets my vote for a custom remap.
I know paul wont like this but i have a Rstuner kit (NOTHING TO DO WITH RS TUNING!!!) on my 182, its ok but would probably see better gains ect from a custom map.

Ph1
Well if the guy is coming to you i hope you have a Rolling road at your house.

250 for a guy to come round and load a map on .......Erm No thanks!

Worth getting it done by a proper place on a rolling road, Paul at Rstuning gets my vote for a custom remap.
I know paul wont like this but i have a Rstuner kit (NOTHING TO DO WITH RS TUNING!!!) on my 182, its ok but would probably see better gains ect from a custom map.

Might be wrong but im sure even tuning companys are now fitting TB's with generic maps without the use of rollers? :quiet:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Might be wrong but im sure even tuning companys are now fitting TB's with generic maps without the use of rollers? :quiet:

Yeh some do, but not every engines the same ect. so all though the map will be ok for the function. Its not the "best" possible map for the car the same is true for the RStuner kit. but the benefit with the kit is that lots of people use them and you are able to use the kit to view the map and even get it changed.

If a bloke turns up at your door with a lap top you dont know what he is doing there is no proof bar driving the car to see how it feels, and even then be manipulating the curve in a certain manor you can make the car feel quicker than it is.

Focus RS Mk1
i was quoted the same price by a chap at work to load a map onto my car. i kindly declined!

More poke than viagr
i know your all going to hate me for this but...just do it the cheap and easy way like me:)
12012009431.jpg

:eek: get it?:eek:

oh dear! :p

to be honest even if i bought one of the "ready to go" ITB kits i'd still take it over to Paul for fine tuning. No point spending £3000 and not reaching full potential

Ph1
Yeh some do, but not every engines the same ect. so all though the map will be ok for the function. Its not the "best" possible map for the car the same is true for the RStuner kit. but the benefit with the kit is that lots of people use them and you are able to use the kit to view the map and even get it changed.

If a bloke turns up at your door with a lap top you dont know what he is doing there is no proof bar driving the car to see how it feels, and even then be manipulating the curve in a certain manor you can make the car feel quicker than it is.

Yeah agree. Never been a fan of generic mapping.

Cars differ so much in stock form let alone modded

Cheers for the advice. It was angle tuning if you have ever came across it. £295 for everything. I think al leave it just now anyway as i need to get the belt/belts changed soon and mot is due in 2 months. Seems to be worth doing so will but some pennies away for it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'd try and get a drive of 1 that has been done cos I drove a cup with rs tuner and didn't like the smoothed out powerband, heard there is a map now where you can keep the 5 k kick so I would check to see which you prefer.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I'd try and get a drive of 1 that has been done cos I drove a cup with rs tuner and didn't like the smoothed out powerband, heard there is a map now where you can keep the 5 k kick so I would check to see which you prefer.

so you would prefer to have a slower car so you could feel a tiny increase in torque at 5k?

carl

Astra SRI/ Hornet
so you would prefer to have a slower car so you could feel a tiny increase in torque at 5k?

carl

Who said that it was faster? I've been side by side with said car and it struggles to hold onto my cup, which only has a cat back exhaust, his is running 183 bhp after a rolling road. Take that how ya like.