ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re sealing cam cover

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i know its not the best thing on a clio sport just using loctite 518 to seal the cam cover.. so whats the best way to reseal the cam cover??

HBT 172 Cup
I use loctite black silicon. just spread it thinly with my finger.

Have sealed about 5-6 RS cam covers this way, never had a single leak, never found any silicon beads in the oil pickups or sump.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
I use loctite black silicon. just spread it thinly with my finger.

Have sealed about 5-6 RS cam covers this way, never had a single leak, never found any silicon beads in the oil pickups or sump.

did you do it on the rocker cover or the head laine??

HBT 172 Cup
I also scrub the mating surface of the cam cover with a steel wire brush (gently), and some scotch brite to clean the surfaces then wash it in a bath of soapy water and a scrubbing brush, rinse with water and leave to dry.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You can buy a kit from Renault iirc? whith the correct sealer and a roller

And look how many are leaking lol!

As Laine has said, decent automotive silicon, Never had one leak! just make sure you remove all the old sealant & degrease the faces!

Has he still not got those cams in yet Kev!?!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
cams are in james.. hes a right tart for everything looking PERFECT! he had the cams in, resealed the cover and after he said it just didnt look good enough.... so he took the cam cover off again and started from scratch :p