ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re: slightly concerned about my induction kit on my 182

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
hi there!!!! any help would be appreciated,

i was driving my clio yesterday afternoon, i went to boot it at about 5k in first but as i did i suddenly lost all power!!! now the car starts fine and theres no lights lit up on the dashboard or anything but its not as fast as it was plus i have lost all my induction noise. the car also seams to get weasy at around 6500 rpm+. is it possible that the cold air feed could have sucked something up or perhaps the filter is blocked? its a bmc cda its only done about 800 miles?? on the up hand mpg has gone up a bit, presumably as there's not enough air to mix the fuel with.

look forward to hearing from you lot thanks in advance for any suggestions.:)

cheers

Clio 1.2 16v
i had this same problem with my last induction kit. i also had alot of oil in my air box, i think it was the breather which was blocked. i cleaned it all up but there still was no induction noice.

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
it was fitted by angel tuning for me, and everything looks the same as it did wen it was first fitted. i really noticed a difference in noise and performance when it was working properly but for whatever reason it has all dissapeared :dapprove: .

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
My CDA did exactly the same after a few months, it all looked normal, but eventually found a part of the airfeed pipe had got crushed, and was choking the car of air. Taken it off now, and all is well again!

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
i took the induction kit off, had a look inside and.........lots of leaves. must of sucked it up. i cleaned it out and walla noise back and performance back. :D so quite chuffed really!! thanks for all your suggestions peeps.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Mate if the IK is letting leaves through you need to get it looked at ASAP!

Imagine all the shite thats getting into your engine!

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
/\ /\ correct, just on the air feed side, must have just sucked a load of cr*p up wen i booted it. o well never mind i have slightly redirected my cold air feed now so hopefully it wont do that again.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Is that better?

I'm using Flock as My internet explorer is cream crackered!, looks normal on here!

lol, are you on the blue background? as im on white! as are most people i believe! i have thought for ages, something must be wrong with mikes pc as hes never saying anything!! lol

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Yup, i'm on blue lol

So no-ones seen what i've said for the last three days?

th_remoteImage.jpg