ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REAL motorway MPG

Clio 172
Im averaging 43 - 45mpg i do a 46 mile round trip on mways 65 - 70mph 5 days a week sometimes 7!!!!! so to be fair the petrol costs is not to bad . (i dont like driving my car hard lol)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Do you drive with all your windows open in 3rd gear @ 80mph?

Haha no. Also since AC has been spoken of on this thread I saw a program recently and they tested ac and mpg. It worked out to be ON AVERAGE 4% difference from having ac on or windows down.

Anyway no I'm cruising up to 80 and sitting at 80mph for 34 miles each way.

Not a Clio
All of these figures are as good if not better than I used to get from a 1.2 polo! Even driving as economically as possible I used to struggle for 40mpg!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
47? On a run I can't break 42tbh! Impressive
Yup.

I think its because when my car was on Clip I made Dave reset my ECU, so its learning everything again and I have only used v-power in it since.

Don't know though.

1.5dci
am i the only one that gets 40mpg plus?

i managed 346 miles on 32L of fuel

Ah but were those Cornish miles... quite often borrowed the parents 4x4 when i needed space for 6 friends and stuff, never thought it did too bad fuel wise, took it out of cornwall to Bath for collecting stuff at the end of uni term and couldn't believe the fuel it went through, ended up being about 15mpg iirc

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yup.

I think its because when my car was on Clip I made Dave reset my ECU, so its learning everything again and I have only used v-power in it since.

Don't know though.

We reset the ecu on our alfa once every 3 months and it makes it run better everytime. Only a throttle press and it'll reset. Shame it's not as easy on the Clio.

Is it possible to do an ECU reset using an RS Tuner?

ITB BG 182
I used to be able to get 52mpg when driving at 60 - 65 on the motorway with the speed limiter, Around 44mpg doing 65 - 70 and get 38mpg doing 70 - 75.
Around town i get 33 on a granny week or 29 ish on a F you week.

Audi TT 225
The most I ever get is 45, and that's driving like a nun in a semi stripped Cup. Usually get 35 but I drive pretty foot heavy ;) I'd personally rather pay more in fuel than worry about it.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The difference between MPG at 70mph and 80mph is pretty big.

On my journeys home from Cov im never in a rush so tend to leave late at night and cruise about 65-68MPH on the speed restricter, i will see 45MPG easy.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
We reset the ecu on our alfa once every 3 months and it makes it run better everytime. Only a throttle press and it'll reset. Shame it's not as easy on the Clio.

Is it possible to do an ECU reset using an RS Tuner?

If you hold in the trip computer button and turn the key to the 2nd point just before ignition it has an in built diagnostic system you can reset.

PH-QUICK
I've seen 54mpg from the ph1 trundling along at 65 on the flat. Bit boring, but saves the pennies.

(that is with the RS tuner re-map, before that could get move than 45mpg in the same situation)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If you hold in the trip computer button and turn the key to the 2nd point just before ignition it has an in built diagnostic system you can reset.

I didn't realise you could reset using that! I used that to see any error when buying the car. Lovely stuff cheers for that

BG FF182
Right guys, I am buying a new car in the next few weeks and it will most likely be a 172! The problem is I commute 50 miles (round trip) pretty much all on the motorway and can't afford to be spending loads of money on fuel.

What do people get with normal motorway driving (70mph-ish)? I can't afford it to be much under 35mpg, but I'm hoping I will get better than that? Otherwise it's a.....a....diesel :dead:

Over the past 1000 miles of plain boring driving I've averaged 39.7mpg in my 182. It doesn't include much stop start in towns which must have helped.

182 cup
We did a 200 mile trip down to London, about 195 miles of which were speeds of 75-80 and achieved 44! was made up with that