ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Realised a few things about the 182

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Tested a couple of Fiat 500s today, the 1.4 and the diesel. When I got back into my 182 three things that I'd almost forgotten about occurred to me straight away.

1: How heavy the clutch is
2: How bloody good the engine is
3: What an effing crap position the gearstick is in lol

That's all really, but it's funny what quirks you get used to!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I used to love setting my cruise to max(127mph i think)and letting it go.

Quite a nice feeling

The clutch in the Fiats is ridiculously light and something connected to the gearbox will break (Gear stick, gear linkage or the box itself, i have known ALL 3)

As for the 182 engine, your gonna feel that after driving slow cars lol

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I love driving the sheds and transit vans at work all day, then to get all cleaned up and jump into the 182.

Feels brand new everytime.

Everyone should do it regularly, just drive a van or something then jump back into the clio.....feels ace.

172 Race Car
Ive only driven my transit and mrs' 1.4 hdi for the last 6 weeks. Im gonna scare myself when the clio comes out again!

C

Cupster

lol, drove the mrs 1.6 astra to cornwall and back, getting back in the cup was ledge!

LY V6 with Recaros
I used to love driving my other halfs 1.2 clio then getting in the 182, really made me appreciate it.

Black Gold 182...
I drive our works Rover 45 regulary and when i get back into the 182 it's like "wow this is more like it", the 45 is bloody awful...

And yes the clutch is heavy, but not to heavy :D

clio 182 black /gold
When i had a hire car for a few days, i got back in my clio i kept stalling it and nearly rolled down a hill. The clutch is so heavy sat in traffic in London.

Racing Blue FF182
i had a modus 1.2 as [FONT=&quot]courteous car while me 1.6 was getting serviced, getting 50mph was such a drama plus it felt like it was going to roll, getting back in own was great, getting back into a 182 would be heaven lol
[/FONT]

1: How heavy the clutch isquote]

I had a Grande Punto hire car when we went to Spain - nearly put my foot through the floor when I first got in.

Then after a week of driving got back to the airport car park and could barely get y 172 out of it's space - thought I'd lost my power steering!

Trophy 265/500
The missus has a 500 1.4 sport and it's a fecking scream. The Abarth SS with the tuning kit is going to be interesting to say the least.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i drive my dad's 1l polo now and again and the work van. it feels so good to get back in the 182. just really makes me appreciate the whole experience of the car

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
When i had a hire car for a few days, i got back in my clio i kept stalling it and nearly rolled down a hill. The clutch is so heavy sat in traffic in London.

Its just as heavy up here to you know;) Its good to drive a lesser powered car once in a while though. Although I haven't had chance yet with the clio:( .