ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really dumb itunes Question......

Sorry but this is sending me round in circles........

Ive only ever used itunes on PC so forgive me......

Windows: drag and drop your music into itunes whilst running, no problem, DOESN'T move the music files from their original location.

Now im running a Macbook for Serato Itch, ive done exactly the same to use my new ipod, and if you drag and drop your files into itunes it moves all your songs, which means Serato cant find all the crates ive made in it!!!

There must be a way to get your songs from a folder into itunes without moving or duplicating your entire library :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

(ive not had an ipod for year :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: )

Open up iTunes, click iTunes at the top and go to Preferences, Advanced tab and then untick "Copy files to iTunes folder when adding to library" and you may also have to untick the one above "Keep iTunes folder organized".

I think.