ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

really sh*te week, need some advice!!

200 Cup in Shite White
so i've managed to buckle 2 alloys and a spare in the last week due to potholes, had to buy 2 new alloys but the only ones i could get are the same but painted black, so now i need to paint my 2 original wheels black to match :dapprove: effort!

couldnt find a guide to painting alloys on here so wondering if anyone could give me any advice, do i need any particular kind of paint/primer/lacquer (can i just f***ing hammerite them?!) etc etc. thanks!

AK

M240i
tough break!

Have u spoke to the council about footing the bill for the respray/repairs??

200 Cup in Shite White
did them both in the dark at like 50mph, just unlucky i think. roads where i am are terrible. no i haven't, didn't think they would give a toss?!

Clio 197
I was only messing, some of the roads around here are terrible, if you hadn't seen the potholes you wouldn't know they are there.

200 Cup in Shite White
yeah it's the inside orim of my alloys that bent basically. anyway back to my original question anyone know any good guides or have any advice? :(

BMW E30 325iiiiii
did them both in the dark at like 50mph, just unlucky i think. roads where i am are terrible. no i haven't, didn't think they would give a toss?!

see if u can get pictures of the potholes, an the damage done to the wheels, get letter written up about wat happened, ask if they cood possibly compensate u for the damage, if they send u a refusal, send another letter complete with pictures again, threatning legal action...im pretty sure they'll compensate u then....worked for me :D

320d
If you've buckled 3 wheels in a week i'd be seriously examining your driving. Something seriously wrong there, the idea is to avoid them not run right over them. Once is a mistake but 3 times.....

200 Cup in Shite White
If you've buckled 3 wheels in a week i'd be seriously examining your driving. Something seriously wrong there, the idea is to avoid them not run right over them. Once is a mistake but 3 times.....

Most around here are unavoidable, especially on a nearly single track road with a car coming the other way. 2 were at thew same time, and the spare was what you would expect from a spare, sh**e. Don't post if you don't have something useful to say.

Cheers for the guides.