ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear ABS Sensors (182 ESP)

Matt182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Inferno
Hi all, having a bit of a problem sourcing both rear ABS Sensors for my 182 after having to forcefully remove the original ones....

I've researched that the TRISCAN sensors (8180 25205 and 8180 25204) and KTEC sensors are meant to be the best options, however:

• I ordered the shorter (Left Hand Rear) TRISCAN sensor from AUTODOC and it got instantly replaced with the STARK variant (which I understand is Autodoc’s own make?), even though the TRISCAN ones were stated as being “in stock”. Therefore, I sent it back.

• Then tried getting the longer (Right Hand Rear) TRISCAN sensor from EBAY and again was sent a different brand (BREMI) to what I purchased, so sent it back.

• Contacted KTEC who said that they can supply sensors but only in 2 to 3 weeks.

Getting a bit frustrating ordering one thing and getting sent something completely different. Wondering if TRISCAN are even making these sensors anymore?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with any alternative sensors that they know will fit and be reliable? I’ve read quite a few posts of aftermarket sensors not working with the ESP system. I’ve seen a seller advertising both sides of DELPHI sensors if anyone has any experience with these? Or, if anyone knows what brand of sensors KTEC supplies? (obviously they’re quite secretive about it)

Many thanks.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve had the Stark NSR sensor fitted for a year now and have had no issues whatsoever with it. Covered just under 6k miles in that time.

Matt182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Inferno
I’ve had the Stark NSR sensor fitted for a year now and have had no issues whatsoever with it. Covered just under 6k miles in that time.
Many thanks for the reply(y), maybe I should've kept the stark sensor then!

It's reassuring that they seem reliable so they're definitely an option. Just didn't want to rebuild everything and then find out the sensors didn't work!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Many thanks for the reply(y), maybe I should've kept the stark sensor then!

It's reassuring that they seem reliable so they're definitely an option. Just didn't want to rebuild everything and then find out the sensors didn't work!
I didn’t have a choice as it was in for its MOT, but as luck would have it it’s been decent.

Matt182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Inferno
My two rear sensors are made by Stark. Relatively new to the market but high-quality parts made in Germany. Ridex are the same parts.
Many thanks for the reply (y).

Seems like Stark are probably one of the best options for the rear abs sensors then, with Triscan seemingly being unavailable. I was just annoyed that I ordered one thing and got sent something different, but I probably should've kept it in hindsight...

Thanks both (y)

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Many thanks for the reply (y).

Seems like Stark are probably one of the best options for the rear abs sensors then, with Triscan seemingly being unavailable. I was just annoyed that I ordered one thing and got sent something different, but I probably should've kept it in hindsight...

Thanks both (y)
This seems to be the trend with older cars, unfortunately. A combination of demand, opportunity, and interest means these parts will be manufactured by a variety of companies. I think TRISCAN are a Danish company with a German manufacturing base. Better than being made in China though lol