ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear bearing spacer?.

clio rs 182
Hi,if any1can advise me I'd be very grateful..bought a nice little 182 & replaced n/s rear wheel bearing fitted & torqued up no problems,today I fitted a bearing to o/s and torqued up only to find the hub moves back & forth and wobbles terribly. I didn't see any spacers on either side & have double checked both stub axles & remains of old bearings. Only today did I learn there should be spacers on each stub before hub is fitted now my question is...is it possible for a bearing to sit with no play etc without a spacer as my n/s appears to be doing just that yet the o/s is flapping about like like Mrs gob?

dan's cast offs.
had them sit absolutely fine without a spacer and some with play. that's only before i've taken them off by the way.

clio rs 182
Looked over cars history & both rears have been changed twice since 2011 so it looks like some monkey forgot to refit them & got lucky!..I've ordered a pair should be here Tuesday but was puzzled as to why 1 side sits fine & the new bearing moves about a lot..now I know lol..live & learn but pretty pissed I'll be riding my bike to work for 2 days..that's for the reassurance and info guys so much appreciated..

clio rs 182
Tbh I was more demoralised at the process of fitting the bearing & thinkin it was a duff part & would have to repeat the process of hub in oven & bearing in freezer...I burnt my fingers this time lol