ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Disc/ Pad fitting Issues...

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Here goes, had a bit of a mare today fitting these on my 182 šŸ˜Ÿ

One side went on OK BUT when I torqued the hub nut up to 175nm I heard a crack and on undoing the nut again I was met by this, oops!
IMG_20240324_171502.jpg

Now onto the other side! Everything well OK Until the pads went on and I tried to tap the retaining bar through that holds the pads in, one pad it went through OK but the inner most pad no chance, it's like it won't line up no matter what I do, very embarrassing!!
IMG_20240324_163305.jpg

I've got my mot on Wed too just to make things worse so needs sorting ASAP!

Thoughts and advice please!

Ta.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
The pad has a pin on it, you need to line that up with a notch in the caliper piston. It won't be lined up and the pad will be sat wonky
Thanks mate for that but the problem is I've made sure that's been done as I did know about that from reading various guides/posts on here, other side went in fine. I'll double check though tomorrow.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks mate for that but the problem is I've made sure that's been done as I did know about that from reading various guides/posts on here, other side went in fine. I'll double check though tomorrow.
Like @Crayola said. Make sure the lug on the back of the pad lines up with the groove in the piston. Your pad looks a bit low down so the bar will never go in. Also file off any s**t or rust on the pad carrier that the bar slides on.
Plus the bar that slides under the pad looks a bit battered. I'd file the edge down a little bit so it has a bevel on the edge. It'll go in easier.
IMG_20240324_223639.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_223639.jpg
    IMG_20240324_223639.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 15