ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake discs/pads?

SchwepTek™
Need new ones so do i just go with standard ones or is it worth getting drilled/grooved discs?

From what Ive heard, the rears to so little braking that it wont make much difference. But if it aint too much more, then it would look a lot better though! :)

SQ5
Standard discs with Green Stuffs I'm running! Absolutely perfect as the rears do feck all really :)

Sold the sport :(
Question - I need some and am looking for prices, however do I need to replace the ABS ring or are they normally ok?

I presume simple unbolt old, refit new and same with pads?

Si

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Question - I need some and am looking for prices, however do I need to replace the ABS ring or are they normally ok?

I presume simple unbolt old, refit new and same with pads?

Si

I take it you 172 isnt a cup then. I've heard of people using the old rings but they can be easily broken when removing them. Might be worth just buyin the whole lot, i got a set of renault ones off ebay at a good price

Sold the sport :(
Nope 2002 172 FF - just noticed from other posts that its recommended to get the ones with the bearings as well - theres a set on ebay for £120, gonna try partco tomorrow and see how theirs comes up then fit them myself :)