ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake pad nipple

182 clio petrol blue
Been wandering for the last couple of rear pad changes I’ve done wether the pad with the little nipple on the back is suppose to go piston side so I slots into on of the grooves on on the outside where is seems useless. I’ve seen many pictures and some have on the inside some have it on the outside? It makes sense to me to go on the inside as it fits in the piston groove but then don’t the pistons wind out the same way you wind them in when changing pads thus putting them in this way would stop them winding?

182 clio petrol blue
50CC3D12-2142-434D-AB99-6CA7ECBC92B0.jpeg

Couple of pictures to show what I’m on about a bit clearer the black arrows showing the nipple location, even a video on YouTube of a guy that changes the pads the ones he removes have nipple piston side then the new ones he fits the other way round? Very odd!