ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes for 172? Price?

Ph1 172
I'm looking to buy a 172 phase 1 this weekend. Just wondering how much Rear brakes cost to replace i assume its just the discs and pads that need replacing. If anyone has either the price 'renault' charged or the price a 'private garage' charged them, that would be most useful.

Thanks in advance
Tom

£175 for so form yozzasport etc all in new pads disks and bearing pushed in (bearing are part as such of the changed disks)

About a hours labour maybe 1.5 hours.

Renault charge a bit more I forget how much.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Edde, would you recommend sticking to Renault OEM for these, for normal road use?

Mine need replacing soon but will upgrade if it's recommended. I'm on standard front discs and pads so imagine it would be best to keep the rears the same until the fronts are uprated...?

Edde, would you recommend sticking to Renault OEM for these, for normal road use?

Mine need replacing soon but will upgrade if it's recommended. I'm on standard front discs and pads so imagine it would be best to keep the rears the same until the fronts are uprated...?

For the rears stock are the best realy even for track use with much more hp etc.

Ph1 172
Are the rear pads the same for whichever sport you have?
On yozzasport's website they just state 'Bendix Clio 172 / 182 Rear Pads'.

Should these be ok for my Phase 1?

Tom

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ phone him and ask. but i'm pretty sure they are all the same.

Are the rear pads the same for whichever sport you have?
On yozzasport's website they just state 'Bendix Clio 172 / 182 Rear Pads'.

Should these be ok for my Phase 1?

Yep there all the same rear disk setups same for the fronts on all 172 and 182's.