ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brakes That Dont Work

played with clio cup
:(GOT A WELL MODDED 2002 CUP 172 WITH ONLY 25K BUT WHEN I TOOK IT INTO RENAULT FOR MY AND OF WARRANTY ETC CHECK AND MOT IT FAILED ON HAVIN NO BRAKE POWER TO THE REAR:S.HAD IT ON OTHER MOT ROLLERS TO SEE FOR MYSELF AND YEP NO BRAKES.
ANYONE HAD SAME FAULT?
ATLEAST RENAULT UK SAY THEYLL FIX IT FREE:approve:

I've never heard of the problem its unusal though. have you tried bleeding the brakes? Although saying that I don't know why that would happen. Are you disks rusting?

Ad

MK2 FRS
:eek: :eek: :eek: Renault are fixing it for free, you must be right at the end of your warranty if your having an MOT!! Good to see renault with some goodwill.

played with clio cup
stripped the brakes off and replaced all discs and pads,i noticed that rear pads where fitted wrong(dealer)and when we played with brake compensator
it got the brakes working enough to pass the test plus the dealer is still going to replace the faulty unit.
yeeeha:D

Lionel Richie
yep it does happen, you need to remove the cable from both calipers, pump the pedal a few times, then reconnect the cables (slacken off from inside car)