ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Bumper 172 --> 182 advice please

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Hi all

I have a 172 cup, but i like the look of the 182 rear bumper with exhausts showing better. obviously i will need a new exhaust but do i need to replace the manifold to fit the new exhaust?

any advice welcomed as i have not been able to get under a 182 for a good look

Least hassle will be something like this
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1560&pic=3
or a custom one made up then all you need is to get the bumper cut and a pair of the 182 bumper/exhaust trims fitted.

Personally I'd just get a stainless exhaust made with one outlet cut the bumper and position it higher using one 182 exhaust/bumper trims to tidy it up if i was you. A few people with 172's on here have had it done and it looks pretty factory if done right.

551792910a7803024971l.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need a bumper cat, why go the the expense of buying one and getting it sprayed to match when all you need to do is cut the original one and fit the trims?

^ she might decide it looks sh*t ;)

Or she might want to put it back to standard when she sells it.
If I was looking for a 172 cup, i'd not want one with a 182 type exhaust on it.

If she doesn't then she's saved cash, if she does then she's no worse off for buying a second hand cup rear bumper (she wont have to paint that but a 182 bumper she definately will) You won't win cat I'm right ;)

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
cheers guys, looks like i might be keeping the original bumper then, just have to get rid of the chaf exhaust that some git put on before i got it

very helpful cheers, altho i'll keep k-tec in mind

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Pics on other computer, and other computer soooooooooooo slow for uploading, standard 172 cup 03 plate, apart from stupid exhaust sticking out, my bf just bought a stainless steel exhaust for £350 for his so might have to do that.