ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear bumper foam inserts - how do these attach to the car?

182 Trophy
I've been on the hunt for the source of a really annoying knocking sound coming from the rear of the car whilst driving over bumps. Whilst poking around the rear suspension/springs I happened to spot the foam insert inside the bumper was loose. It's still sat on the locator pins but it's free to travel along them and smack against the bumper/car shell. I'm fairly sure this may be the source of my problems.

How is this thing meant to connect, is it glued/clipped onto the bumper, car, or meant to just be loose? I've tried Googling and searching this site for the answer but nothing much has come up.

I've not taken the bumper off but I think it's this thing:

u62vp2g.jpg

Cheers

I've been on the hunt for the source of a really annoying knocking sound coming from the rear of the car whilst driving over bumps. Whilst poking around the rear suspension/springs I happened to spot the foam insert inside the bumper was loose. It's still sat on the locator pins but it's free to travel along them and smack against the bumper/car shell. I'm fairly sure this may be the source of my problems.

How is this thing meant to connect, is it glued/clipped onto the bumper, car, or meant to just be loose? I've tried Googling and searching this site for the answer but nothing much has come up.

I've not taken the bumper off but I think it's this thing:

View attachment 1386596

Cheers
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/321826111636?chn=ps&var=510756830179
You push them on with a socket of the same diameter.

182 Trophy
Just to give an update for anyone who happens to find this in the future, the starlocks worked a treat ?.

it didn't solve my knocking problem but I eventually spotted the noise went away when braking. When I jacked the car up and span the wheel by hand I could the caliper clattering a little bit. Excuse the crude drawing but the caliper was able to travel in the direction of the green arrow below in addition to the the way it's meant to travel on the slider pins.

1537648469772.png

Nipping up the two 19mm slider pin bolts seems to have solved it and the car sounds as quiet as a mouse again. Happy panda.