ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear caliper questions

So I have a mk2 ph2 172 non cup.

I was changing the bleed nipple from a rounded one to a new one. As I took out the old one it must of stripped out the thread. :dead: So now not the old or new one will fit back in.

So can I fit rear calipers from a cup or are they different?

Also any guide on how to change the caliper?

275 Trophy
Helicoil it? Not sure if you could then get it tight enough though. Tap it out slightly bigger?

182, 6r GTi
im pretty sure there the same bud. to change the caliper obv take off the brakeline use a brakeline spanner as normal spanners destroy the heads pretty easy disconect the handbrake by pushing the leaver on the caliper forward then popping out the cable there will then be 2 bolts round the back of the caliper to take off, reverse process to refit and then bleed them after, if your unsure there is a guide in the guides section

im pretty sure there the same bud. to change the caliper obv take off the brakeline use a brakeline spanner as normal spanners destroy the heads pretty easy disconect the handbrake by pushing the leaver on the caliper forward then popping out the cable there will then be 2 bolts round the back of the caliper to take off, reverse process to refit and then bleed them after, if your unsure there is a guide in the guides section

Cheers mate, any link to the guide I couldn't see it.