ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs, pads and calipers price?

Nike Lunar Elite's
How much should I be looking to pay to get the rear discs, pads and calipers changed on a 182? I've just been quoted nearly £600 including labour and vat but this sounds way too pricey!

Is there anywhere local to the West Midlands that could do this cheaper?

(Bear in mind that my 1 rear disc currently looks like this)

732ffb2b.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
2 cracks, very nice.

The price of rears disks with bearings and ABS rings has come down alot recently, your quote shouldnt be anywhere near that even with new calipers surely.

Lots of Alfas
Its hard to say without look but I doubt the calipers caused the cracks, the cracks are due to them being really worn and corroded. Renault have reduced the price of the discs to around £100. The pads are not too taking around £35 from memory. Its easy to fit yourself, theres a guide on here somewhere. Its very dangerous to drive it while its like that.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Its hard to say without look but I doubt the calipers caused the cracks, the cracks are due to them being really worn and corroded. Renault have reduced the price of the discs to around £100. The pads are not too taking around £35 from memory. Its easy to fit yourself, theres a guide on here somewhere. Its very dangerous to drive it while its like that.

I'm definately not driving with it in that state!

Don't get ripped off by a main dealer or local garage. Take it to someone that knows about these cars and won't pull the wool over your eyes. Fred can't be far from you?

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm going to sound like a complete dickhead noob with the comment as I'm not technical at all but I presume the caliper is what holds the pad on, hence if I were to have the caliper changed the old yellow one would be replaced with a nice shiny new one from Renault?

Da

Less
Calipers carry the pads yeah and hold them against the disc when you press the brake.

They're about £170 + VAT each from Renault!

Nike Lunar Elite's
Calipers carry the pads yeah and hold them against the disc when you press the brake.

They're about £170 + VAT each from Renault!

As they have just been changed on that same hub but now look like below (i.e. still yellow), have they been changed? Are they where the red or green arrows are pointing?

abb35773-1.jpg

Da

Less
The green arrow is the caliper, the red arrow is the carrier which bolts to the caliper. Without a clearer picture it's impossible to say if they've been changed as they could have swapped the old carrier onto a new caliper (as I did).

Nike Lunar Elite's
The green arrow is the caliper, the red arrow is the carrier which bolts to the caliper. Without a clearer picture it's impossible to say if they've been changed as they could have swapped the old carrier onto a new caliper (as I did).

Thanks, thats what they've done by the looks of things having checked against the other side.