ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear drop links question

172 cup
Hello guys,

Just picked up my first 172 cup yesterday and have probably a totally newbie question.

The rear drop links are low as hell to the ground, is that normal? I have had a google and no others seem to have it which worries me.

It is a whiteline adjustment arb with adjustable droplinks if that makes any difference?

Any help would be appreciated !

WRX
Are the 90° elbows the correct way round? If not you only need to loosen them to spin through 180 to correct it. Seen it on quite a few of them.

172 cup
Hello mate,

Cheers for the reply..

Ive just gone out and had a another look and makes sense.. need to just loosen off that metal angle that the shock bolts on with, spin in round and and it'll raise it a couple of inches.

It there a nut the otherside or can you just loosen the bolt as is?

Attachments

• IMG_6738.JPG
    IMG_6738.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 49
  WRX
Just that 18mm on the bracket. Tighten both sides a bit at a time, to reduce the chance of them spinning too far round. The angle bracket will turn with the bolt. You'll see what I mean when you do it.
Edit: You'll need to undo the droplink too and remove the top bush iirc obviously

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Those yellow bushes looked too crushed as well. When you put that top nut back on, just do it enough until the top washer stops spinning. The bushes should just be pinched.