ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Drums

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Evening peeps, need a bit of help, my drivers side rear brake drum seems to have seazed up, i cant really reverse and when driving am gettin a grinding noise, and my car isnt able to put the power down, the drivers side drum is burning hot, and the passenger side is fine, anyone got a guide on taking the drum apart so i can have a look, or wud u guys say its too big of a job for a novice, i cant really afford to mess the brakes up, and i use the car pretty much every day, any help will be much appreciated, Cheers

172 cup'd extreme
you'll need a set of new shoes for a start, 30mm socket, take the cap off with a flatblade screw driver then undo the large nut with the 30mm. then you need to smack the drum with a hammer it should free up. if it wont come off your better off taking it to a garage.

Lots of Alfas
Its a very common thing for this to happen on mk2 Clios, Ive had 2 where this happens, its always about 60k miles that they seaze. As above, it can be a b**ch to free the shoe, some drums have holes so you can unscrew the shoe. While your at it, its best to change the cylinders aswel.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Cheers guys, was feeling brave so took it to my mates garage to get the car on a ramp, took the drum apart, and found one of the shoes had fallen out of place, so this is what must'v been what was causing the grinding and handbrake on type feeling, now just gotta get new replacement shoes, looks like it has caused a bit of damage to the inside of the drum. Any1 got any prices on a decent disc conversion for the back, cheers

koi

Audi S1
Really common problem, mine went at 36k. Funny thing was when I took it to the garage to get it sorted there was another Clio there for the same reason!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
happend to me 2 days ago. i needed new cylinders and shoes on both sides . cost be 160 quid in total

bubaloo said:
Really common problem, mine went at 36k. Funny thing was when I took it to the garage to get it sorted there was another Clio there for the same reason!
It only affected a batch of cars though although it can happen to any just one batch of cars had a real problem with it.