ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear end on ice?

Hi all.

Having an issue with the old 182..

Replaced my rear shocks the other day with genuine items. Noticed today when being a bit daft around some twisties that my rear end feels as though its on ice? Almost that feeling you get when your riding your push bike with a rear flat tire just seems all over the place?

Afaik there's no wrong way of fitting the rear shocks? Unbolt old ones , line new ones up and bolt up? Is there anything else that could be causing this. Only noticed it with the new shocks

Thanks

Tyres sent anything special tbh..

Possibly over inflated surely wouldn't cause this? @dann2707

Shocks are 172 cup packed as i have a non cup packed 182 if that makes any difference @flebay

I would put the ones you took off back on.
I have a 182 cup changed the original dampers for new 182 cup and they are softer than the originals possible factory error.

I would put the ones you took off back on.
I have a 182 cup changed the original dampers for new 182 cup and they are softer than the originals possible factory error.

Great! Will try danns theory first certainly cheaper!

Does this sound right. It's the reply from vospers. They have more or less said to take car to renault with the shocks still fitted along with my invoice. If found to be faulty they will replace them?

Yes that's correct 1 years warranty on the parts at any Renault garage.
Although if they find there is nothing wrong with them then you will be charged a labour fee for having it looked at.

Just out of interest i only replaced my rear shocks with 172 cup ones. I left the front so they afaik are 182 non cup packed ones this wouldn't make any difference would it?

Your best off asking your local Renault dealer I know it wont make a difference but they may not want to deal with it.

Ive taken them off to send back to vospers. They have 7700839386 printed on them. Does this mean anything to anyone