ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear hanger .

clio 172 phase 2
Went to replace my rear exhaust hanger the other day when i was fitting my k tec stealth system but ran into a proble
when it came too undoing the 3 bolts holding the hanger to the body 2 came out with out a problem but the last one would not come out seems like theres a nut on the end thats spinning the whole bolt when you turn the ratchet . Is this case? Anyone had this problem

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yep! You have to use a mole grip on the top side, get new bolts fitted when you fit the new hanger for easier future work

clio 172 phase 2
Okay mate the problem is i cant find where the nut is do
i need to remove all the splash guards ?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Ohh, yeah you'll just have to move the heat shield a little. Some bolts on these renaults are utter twa**!! lol.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
5771c59e-7618-7c91.jpg

Useful pic maybe? It might be easier if you remove the wheel. PS don't get prima racing mount. It's too stiff, my exhaust has cracked because of it!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
how do you get to the captive nut on the otherside of the middle bolt (furthest away in the picture??)

when trying to take my hanger off, two the end two snapped and the middle one just spins!! :(

im going to custom fit a completely different hanger seeing as the renault ones are pretty poor to begin with!! lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
how do you get to the captive nut on the otherside of the middle bolt (furthest away in the picture??)

when trying to take my hanger off, two the end two snapped and the middle one just spins!! :(

im going to custom fit a completely different hanger seeing as the renault ones are pretty poor to begin with!! lol

If I remember correctly you can get access to it easier if you remove the wheel

clio 172 phase 2
Tried to do this last night still no luck basically the bolt I'm having trouble with is the one that has not been changed in the picture , there's a nut the other side but I cannot find where it is it seems like its inside the body ? Anyone know what I mean

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Can't PM you back mate, your inbox is full. You can get access to the back of that bolt. Does it just spin?