ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear light alternatives

E87 118i

why do we find so few alternatives for clio rear lights (172 style) ? To be honest I like my full red ones, but it just seems all these other makes get stacks to choose from, not just lexus type......?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What about led rear lights? based on the standard ones.

would you be interested?

What is the law on smoked/blacked out rear clusters?? Someone who lives near me has totally blacked out surely they are illegal?

Oakley - there has to be a red reflector on the back of any car, so I guess totally blacked out isnt 100% legal.

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 19 August 2003

Oakley - there has to be a red reflector on the back of any car, so I guess totally blacked out isnt 100% legal.
THey may look good (well, *may*) but dont forget that no-one behind you can see them in the sun/daylight/anything other than a clear, very black night.

;)

lol, im sure you could create them behind a silver perforated screen, so that when a cars lights shine on them they reflect through the splits in the screen

so in daylight, the car is very silver, but remaining road legal

good idea???

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

maybe but id have to fabricate new lights im using oe ones for now

my mark 2 clio went for its first mot the other day, and i had blue tinted lights that i sprayer, i liked the look of em, but mechanic said theyd fail. so after trying everything to get the tint off, i used paint stripper, not knowing that itd melt the bloody plastic lens!so the mechanic said they still wudnt pass, i had to borrow sum clio lights to get thru mot, and now ive ordered lexus style lights of ebay! (ps, anyone wanting lexus lights, check ebay, good prices)

Ive seen the silver perforated screen idea in action on a new shape Punto and it looks amazing! The lights have been covered with a pin-stripe silver film, with really narrow stripes, so the lenses look solid silver from a distance of over about 6 feet away, but the light shines through perfectly when the lights are on. Its definitely a better technique than mixing up a thin paint solution to coat the lens, or DIY spraying. Just dont know where you can get the film from??